Saturday, December 29, 2007

I love my Xbox 360!

So, first things first. Hope everyone had a very Happy Holidays and is getting ready for a kicka$$ new year. I know I'm ready to turn the calendar and see what 2008 has in store.

Santa was awfully nice to me this year and I finally landed an Xbox 360. I wasn't sure I'd get much use or enjoyment out of it, but I'm here right now to tell you I was so wrong!

xbox_360_console_controllerWhen I first got everything out of the box and set it up, I was a little overwhelmed. but it didn't take long before I was online and set up with Xbox Live.

In just a few hours time, I got online, connected the Xbox wirelessly to my desktop and was using it to share media and watch movies from my computer on my TV. I was downloading demos of other games to try and just tonight I got on with "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" and blasted away at some people. What a blast that was. And get this. The stats on the bottom of the online "lobby" said there were 166,000 people online playing this game at the same time as me. What a staggering thought. That's over half the population of the city I live in all online at the same time.

I don't often gush about technology, but I really have to admit, I'm impressed. Now the only thing missing from my equation is an HDTV. And I know how good it can look, but it certainly doesn't look bad on my big screen TV as it is! Its pretty late right now, but I'm kinda itching to get back in there and cause some havoc. So until next time, start saving your pennies to add an Xbox 360 to your home entertainment system, before the Xbox 720 comes out.

And as always, keep it intelligent...

PS - Big thanks to Santa (You know who you are!) This was a great Xmas thanks to your generosity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was a better gamer ...


~Jef

Unknown said...

I'm not as good as I used to be. Or rather, the games are harder than they used to be. I'm not twitchy enough to get the most out of them like a 12 year old can. Still though, there are tons of games directed at a more mature crowd. They know all us old Atari and Nintendo kids grew up and have money to burn.