Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rest in Peace: Effie Teague (1912 - 2008)

My grandmother passed away Tuesday evening 9/23 at 8:25pm. Aged 96 years, 2 months, 16 days. What a full and wonderful life she had. We all should hope for so much for ourselves. Her life stands as a living proof that hard work is rewarded and that love conquers all.

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words. My family and I are truly saddened at our loss, but yet we cannot help but celebrate that she is now free of the bonds of this mortal coil; its frailties and pains. And that she stands again with the man she loved now and forever.

 

My grandmother, Effie Teague.
Taken on 9/13/08.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A.I.,

I was sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother. It sounds like she was a wonderful person and a great grandmother. When someone special touches your life it gives meaning to why we are here and what our role is in this life. To try to touch other lives the way we were touched is a worthwhile endeavor we should all aspire to.

Take care,
SoccerDad "D"

Unknown said...

Thanks SoccerDad D. Its good to hear from you again. You're absolutely right, and I've taken that sentiment to heart. I hope you're doing well!