Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Don't Bring Me Down, Grüße!

First off, no updates or word from BlackOps that I've heard. Hope you're ok, man.

Next, wanted to give my brother's blog "Td3k Speaks" anoter plug. He recently posted a great story on his main page called "Popcorn Problematic" that is quite an adventuring tale and I'm sure you'll enjoy reading it. Please check it out and leave feedback.

Finally, wanted to post an ELO redux for those interested. A.I. visitor, Indigo Red, correctly deduced that the mystery word in the ELO song "Don't Bring Me Down" is the German word for "Greetings!" The question was asked though, why the hell does he say "Grüße?" So, with a little Googling I was able to track down the answer at, where else, VH1.com...

Click here to go to the Electric Light Orchestra home page at VH1.com and under the Video section, you'll see one link entitled "ELO Performs 'Don't Bring Me Down'." The clip is taken from a live performance where composer and frontman, Jeff Lynne, gives us the rest of the story on the mysterious origins of the word, and why that word is now "Bruce" just like we all sang it anyway! Great stuff! Hope you enjoy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "story behind the songs". I guess that's why I love shows like "Storytellers". That's still the best song on the jukebox at the Pizza Hut on Wadley and Garfield.

And TD3k does have a great story!

~Jef

And the Past Recedes... said...

I'm headed to check your bros blog out...but only if he hits mine to, wink wink..haha.

Indigo Red said...

What a great and dumb story! There are many such stories and I love each of them.

Jimi Hendrix began singing the lyrics as people heard them: 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy." This, of course, bolstered his claim of homosexuality to stay out of the VietNam era draft.

Unknown said...

Wow that's an interesting tidbit as well. I love trivia, so learning little things like that really make my day.

Thanks for stopping back by, Indigo! :-)