Friday, July 01, 2005

To Me, on my 29th Birthday

So here it is. Another year gone by, and quite a milestone this year will be. The end of the 20s! The predawn of Middle Age. The twilight of Youth. An epoch of time that shall not be seen again.

What a bunch of melodramatic crap...

But as I sit here at work, deep in the bowels of the mega-evil Insurance Conglomerate, I feel compelled to indulge in a moment of pensive introspection. Twenty-nine years is not a terribly long time in the grand temporal scheme of things, but I'll ramble off a few of the tremendous things that have happened during my life:

That just about sums it up I think. Except for one big caveat. In the paltry amount of time that I've muddled through on this tiny blue-green planet, I wouldn't have had nearly as much success as I have had it not been for the support of my family and friends. So on this auspicious day, I'm sending out a big birthday Thank You! to the four corners of the world and all points in between. To the cherished people in my life, on my 29th birthday... I wouldn't be here without you.

Now let's get this whole Youth thing out of the way and get onto the main course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Maybe we can go out and celebrate this weekend. I keep wanting to sing "We didn't start the fire" for some strange reason ...

~Jef

Unknown said...

Oh but I did... I did start the fire and I laughed as I watched it burn to the ground.

But I digress... more celebration sounds good to me! :)

SmileDragon said...

Happy belated birthday.